With just over 5 weeks to go until Christmas, going to a local Christmas market can be a great way of making a start on your Christmas shopping as well as getting in the festive spirit – and having some fun!
In our area there are a number of wonderful Christmas markets you can attend, complete with shopping, eating and even ice skating to keep you entertained.
- Winchester Christmas market attracts more than 350,000 visitors each year and is recognised as one of the best in Europe. Pretty German inspired wooden chalets are situated in Winchester Cathedral’s historic Inner Close surrounding a large open-air real ice rink. Wonderful Christmas gifts, decorations and festive foods can be found in abundance. Open daily from 20 November to 21 December
- Reading Christmas Market takes place from 27 November to 7 December and promises to be a super cool Christmas market in its newly refurbished Town Hall square. With over 40 high quality stalls and a bustling atmosphere you can stock up your Christmas larder or make up a gift hamper with a wide range of foods with cheeses, pickles and meats and fabulous sauces and preserves. There will be wines to sample and tempting liqueurs and local cider and beers to try and buy.
- Guildford Winter Market & Fair takes place in Guildford Cathedral on Saturday 22 November 2014 from 11.00am to 4.00pm and promises to deliver a wonderful early Christmas shopping experience with over 60 exhibitors selling bespoke Christmas gifts and decorations, chocolates, wines, jewellery and much more.
- Farnham Christmas Market – A Christmas themed street market on Castle Street on Sunday 14th December with an array of stalls selling a variety of Christmas goods, food and drink.
There are also lots of local Christmas Fayres and shopping evenings at schools, nurseries and local villages and towns so you are sure to find something suitable to start off your Noel.
At Check 4 Houses we specialise in the sale of residential property in Hampshire, Surrey, Berkshire and beyond. Local experts, we know the towns and cities of Fleet, Farnborough, Aldershot, Basingstoke, Camberley, Yateley and Farnham inside out, yet we also recognise that 90% of property searches in the UK take place online. Our internet based approach enables you to save thousands in agency fees – giving you more to spend on your new home.
This Wednesday 5th November is National Stress Awareness Day and we all know that moving home is one of the most stressful things you can do. With high costs, uncertainty, a lack of control and significant emotional involvement, buying and selling a property can be one of the best things you ever did, but getting there can feel like an endless journey.
Here are our top tips to make sure your next move is as stress free as possible:
- Set realistic expectations – for both yourself and the process. Pinning your hopes on a beautiful house that you just can’t afford, or being in a new home for Christmas with just 4 weeks to go are likely to leave you disappointed. Take the time to work out what a realistic budget is for your next home and the kind of timescale you hope to move in.
- Choose the right estate agent – make sure you get valuations from at least 3 estate agents and don’t always go with the one that offers you the highest price for your home – they might not be able to deliver it. Always check the small print to ensure you are not being tied into a long contract with an underperforming agent. Above all, find someone that you feel comfortable with working with during what can be a stressful time.
- Be flexible and open minded. Just because you have a dream house in mind and a south facing garden is an absolute must, don’t always discard other properties that agents might suggest. Sometimes something that doesn’t look ideal on paper can actually turn out to be exactly what you were looking for. The same applies when it comes to price – you may have a particular figure in your head for what you think your property is worth, but if you aren’t getting the viewings or the offers in then you may need to reconsider.
- Choose the right solicitor – the right solicitor can make or break a sale so talk to family and friends for recommendations. Don’t always choose the cheapest solicitor – choose one that you feel confident can actually get the job done, as smoothly as possible.
- Stay positive! Buying and selling houses may be a stressful process but with the right preparation and partners you can make it as stress free as possible. Once you are settled in your new home it will all have been worth it.
We would be delighted to help you sell your property and pride ourselves on providing a smooth, stress free service – that also saves you thousands in agency fees. Our customers clearly agree as Mr Quick from Fleet said: “Fantastic service. We had a buyer within a matter of a week – a smooth transaction throughout. Thank you for making it hassle free.”
We would be delighted to give you a free, no obligation valuation and can sell your property from as little as £499 or 0.5%+VAT so give us a call on 01252 819725.