The internet has changed the way we live – from how we shop to how we communicate with our friends. Social media has become part of our everyday lives and online shopping is now a multibillion pound industry, taking an increasing share of our overall spending. These changes apply not just to how we buy and sell books or music, but to how we buy and sell much larger, more expensive items including houses and cars. With 90% of property buyers now searching online, the effect of the internet cannot be ignored.
The good news is that this increasing influence of the internet has opened up a whole new market for online estate agents, who can sell your property just as effectively as a traditional high street agents but at a fraction of the cost.
Historically, high street agents needed to invest in costly newspaper advertising to market your home. Even though these costs are now significantly reduced with the impact of online advertising, high street agents still need to cover the large costs of rents and overheads for expensive high street offices. But look what covering the high costs of rent did to our high streets when the likes of Amazon came along; huge retail firms like MFI, Woolworths, HMV and Blockbuster all struggled to adapt, with savvy shoppers not prepared to pay higher prices for the same goods and services they could get online at cheaper prices.
At online estate agents like Check 4 Houses we are able to combine the experience and knowledge of a traditional high street estate agent with the flexibility, advantages and costs of the internet. Local experts, we know the towns and cities of Fleet, Farnborough, Aldershot, Basingstoke, Camberley, Yateley and Farnham inside out, yet we also recognise that 90% of property searches in the UK take place online. Our internet based approach enables you to save thousands in agency fees – giving you more to spend on your new home whilst still benefitting from personal service from start to finish, with accompanied viewings and all the services you would expect from a local high street agent.
If you are looking to sell your home then why not check out our competitive packages. We can sell your home from as little as £499 or 0.5% + VAT. Please contact us on 01252 819725 for a free valuation or drop us an email and we’ll be in touch.
Today the Government announced new help for first-time buyers through its Help-to-Buy ISA. This was part of the Budget announcement – the last Budget before the general election in May.
The Help-to-Buy ISA offers a major tax benefit to those saving up a deposit to buy their first home as for every £200 that these first-time buyers save, they will receive a top up of another £50. For some savers this could mean a total benefit of up to £3,000, and a couple saving towards a home together could benefit from a bonus of up to £6,000 as both savers are eligible for the £3,000 bonus.
To read more visit: http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/saving/article-3000755/Budget-2015-Chancellor-launches-Help-Buy-Isa.html#ixzz3VP7izIQD
If you are an aspiring first-time buyer or simply looking for your next property move then why not check out our properties currently for sale, as well as some comments from happy customers who have sold their property through Check 4 Houses. We can sell your home from as little as £499 or 0.5% + VAT saving you thousands in standard estate agency fees and giving you more to spend on your new home. Contact us today for a free valuation on 01252 819725.
In a move announced by the government last year, young first time buyers can now go online and sign up for cut-price new starter homes – with 20% off the asking price.
The www.starter-home.co.uk website officially launched this weekend and is now live for those under 40 to register their interest in buying one of the new homes. New rules have cut planning requirements for the new Starter Homes, allowing house builders to slash 20% off the usual price. The government says that building on the first homes is expected to start within months.
Housing already seems to be becoming an important topic in the run up to the election with all major political parties pledging to increase the number of new homes being built every year to cater for increasing demand and to help stimulate the economy. Though increasing supply runs the risk of diluting housing prices, in our extremely competitive areas of Surrey, Hampshire and Berkshire schemes to help get people on the property ladder should only help to meet existing demand and be good news for our local property market.
If you are ready for your next move then why not contact us today for a free valuation on 01252 819725. We can sell your home from as little as £499 or 0.5% + VAT, saving you thousands in standard estate agency fees and giving you more to spend on your new home.
January is always a busy time in the housing market and a number of property news stories have caught our eye this month:
What will 2015 bring for the property market? This article shares for the latest predictions from top forecasters.
With the housing market more competitive than ever; research has found that buyers are now making snap decisions with most on average picking a new home within 33 minutes!
Buyers are making snap decisions after viewing property only once
With prices at the pumps falling, the UK inflation rate fell to 0.5% in December. Good news for household wallets as inflation falls to its joint lowest on record.
This Wednesday 5th November is National Stress Awareness Day and we all know that moving home is one of the most stressful things you can do. With high costs, uncertainty, a lack of control and significant emotional involvement, buying and selling a property can be one of the best things you ever did, but getting there can feel like an endless journey.
Here are our top tips to make sure your next move is as stress free as possible:
- Set realistic expectations – for both yourself and the process. Pinning your hopes on a beautiful house that you just can’t afford, or being in a new home for Christmas with just 4 weeks to go are likely to leave you disappointed. Take the time to work out what a realistic budget is for your next home and the kind of timescale you hope to move in.
- Choose the right estate agent – make sure you get valuations from at least 3 estate agents and don’t always go with the one that offers you the highest price for your home – they might not be able to deliver it. Always check the small print to ensure you are not being tied into a long contract with an underperforming agent. Above all, find someone that you feel comfortable with working with during what can be a stressful time.
- Be flexible and open minded. Just because you have a dream house in mind and a south facing garden is an absolute must, don’t always discard other properties that agents might suggest. Sometimes something that doesn’t look ideal on paper can actually turn out to be exactly what you were looking for. The same applies when it comes to price – you may have a particular figure in your head for what you think your property is worth, but if you aren’t getting the viewings or the offers in then you may need to reconsider.
- Choose the right solicitor – the right solicitor can make or break a sale so talk to family and friends for recommendations. Don’t always choose the cheapest solicitor – choose one that you feel confident can actually get the job done, as smoothly as possible.
- Stay positive! Buying and selling houses may be a stressful process but with the right preparation and partners you can make it as stress free as possible. Once you are settled in your new home it will all have been worth it.
We would be delighted to help you sell your property and pride ourselves on providing a smooth, stress free service – that also saves you thousands in agency fees. Our customers clearly agree as Mr Quick from Fleet said: “Fantastic service. We had a buyer within a matter of a week – a smooth transaction throughout. Thank you for making it hassle free.”
We would be delighted to give you a free, no obligation valuation and can sell your property from as little as £499 or 0.5%+VAT so give us a call on 01252 819725.