This week the Government announced a further national lockdown which came into force Monday 4th January 2021. Unlike the previous national lockdown in March of last year, the English housing market will remain open.
We’re pleased to report that the government has confirmed that you can still move home, meaning that people can continue with planned moves and view new properties to move into in the future. Estate and letting agents, removals firms, valuers and people in sales and lettings offices and show homes, can continue to operate during the lockdown period as long as all parties involved in the home moving process follow the national guidance on moving home safely, which includes advice on frequent hand washing, social distancing and wearing a face covering.
We’re incredibly pleased that we’re able to continue to support our clients and continue with accompanied viewings and valuations at this time, of course as an online business, we’ve worked remotely since the very first day we started, therefore it’s business as usual for the Check 4 Houses team.
As always our client’s wellbeing and safety are of paramount importance to us. We’ve taken time to again review all relevant government advice to ensure the safety procedures we’ve implemented as a business to keep both our clients and us safe during this time are in line with national guidance and ensures we operate as safely as possible.
To clarify all appointments undertaken must be carried out under the strict procedures listed as follows:
- Strictly by appointment only
- All interested parties (to include both members of the household being viewed, and all members of the household undertaking the viewing) must be in a position to proceed, i.e not showing symptoms of coronavirus or self-isolating.
- Viewings confined to buyers only, no friends/relatives at the initial viewing stage.
- Ideally, no children to accompany on viewings.
- All parties to follow safe social distancing rules – minimum 2-metre distance maintained throughout the viewing/valuation.
- All parties to wear a suitable face covering as described in government guidance unless they are exempt from this requirement.
- Owners to vacate the property.
- Owners to leave all internal doors open and all lights left on where applicable and open as many windows as possible.
- All parties should wash their hands and avoid touching surfaces where possible.
*Check 4 Houses team will be wearing face-masks and gloves at all appointments.
We would like to reassure you that we’re closely monitoring daily developments and all relevant government guidelines on home moving, these guidelines of which are available to view at:
Should you need any further information on this matter, or wish to discuss arranging a valuation or viewing please do not hesitate to call Check 4 Houses on 01252 819725.